The United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship 2024 is a program that helps professionals and government leaders learn more about the ocean and international law on the seas. It is put on by the United Nations and is open to people from developing countries who work in related areas or marine sciences.
The fellowship gives people a chance to study and learn while being supervised by people with a lot of experience. The program takes place in the United States. It starts with three months of research and training in New York, followed by six months of specialized learning at a chosen school. The UN-Japan Foundation Fellowship lasts for a total of nine months. Fellows are expected to go back to their home countries after they finish the program and help make decisions about ocean laws and rules. This is a great chance to study in the US.
UN Nippon Foundation Fellowship
The UNNF fellows are hosted by thirty-two (32) institutions globally. The fellows must choose one of these institutions to serve as their program host. The fully financed fellowship covers all expenses, and the fellows must complete specified tasks such as writing a 100-page thesis, making a research presentation, and developing an ocean governance matrix. The study proposal, on the other hand, must demonstrate the individual’s commitment to improving the application of maritime laws and affairs.
In addition to the previously mentioned academic possibilities, the 2024 United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship provides a variety of financial perks. All of the advantages will be addressed in depth below. Furthermore, this article includes a thorough explanation of the eligibility criteria and application process for the United Nations’ fully funded international professional program. It is strongly advised that you apply for the United Nations fellowship program if you are a government official or a mid-level professional interested in supporting the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS).
Host Country: US
Host Organization: United Nations
Fellowship Duration: 9 Months
Fellowship Location: New York
Scholarship Value/ Inclusions for United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship:
- The host organization pays the fellows a monthly stipend.
- Local transportation or mobility expenditures are covered.
- The United Nations determines the stipend rates for each country.
- The host organization offers a round-trip economy ticket.
- The host organization provides and covers medical insurance.
- The fellows are given a monthly book stipend of $100.
- Individuals must be between the ages of 25 and 40 to be eligible to apply. The following people are eligible to apply:
- Those who have completed their first year of university.
- Officials from the government.
- Professionals at the mid-level in government or non-government organizations. Applicants from developing countries are the only ones who will be considered. with addition, the applicant must be intimately concerned with maritime issues.
How to Apply for United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship?
To apply for the fellowship, you must first fill out an online application form. Make sure to type your application or use a word processor. Answer all questions completely and clearly. Give complete personal history information. Include a recommended research and study program plan. Sign or attest the application form by the nominating authority or officer in charge. Finally, submit the signed form directly to firstname.lastname@example.org via email.
The application deadline for the fellowship is 8 September 2023.